Greetings! I would like to give you a brief, whirlwind view of God’s plan for His ENTIRE CREATION! My listings will be concise and the Bible verses and a good part of the teaching that support these truths are found in GOD’S EONIAN PURPOSE by Adlai Loudy. This classic book is totally free and can be found at http://wwww.theheraldofgodsgrace.org/Library.htm (YES…there is a 4 wwww there and it will not go through if you use the standard 3 www.) and just look under “Loudy” as the author when you get to the website. It can also be purchased at either http://www.concordant.org or Amazon.com.
I will insert verses from time to time in order for you to conveniently check out an important point or to confirm information that I present which is not in Mr. Loudy’s book.
Keep in mind, it would be helpful to have access to one of the 3 most literal and consistently accurate Bible versions available: Young’s Literal New Testament, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible and the Concordant Literal New Testament. Young’s is free online at http://www.biblestudytools.com, Rotherham’s at http://www.olivetree.com and the Concordant Version at www.concordant.org/version/CLNT_Intro.htm.
The above versions will be the source of all scriptures quoted unless otherwise noted.
Here we go (emphasis will be mine throughout):
1. That God has a “Plan” using the eons is clearly set forth in Ephesians 3:11: “God ,in accord with the PURPOSE OF THE EONS, which He makes in Christ Jesus” (Rotherham’s and Young’s have “ages”).
An eon is an age or a specific period of time. As set forth in the Concordant Greek-English Keyword Concordance concerning the eons: “Seven distinct divisions are indicated, PRE-EONIAN time 2Timothy 11:9, five eons, two of which are future (called the eons of the eons Revelation 1:6), and then a time after the CONCLUSION OF THE EONS Hebrews 9:26″.
2. In today’s world and at this time (this “present wicked eon”….Galatians 1:4), those called under the gospel taught by Paul exist along with a DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT BODY of believers who were called under the gospel taught by Peter, John, James, et al, which deals with Israel as a nation, along with their proselytes.
Both, of course, embrace the ‘basic’ teachings of Jesus, His crucifixion and His resurrection. HOWEVER, Paul was given the sacred task and privilege of preaching a “SECRET” gospel to the Gentiles (Romans 16:25;Ephesians 3:3,9; Colossians 4:3, et al).
It is referred to as a “SECRET” administration (Ephesians 3:9) because the gospel dealing with the nations (Gentiles) having a different calling and expectation was never foretold and was COMPLETELY HIDDEN (Romans 16:25; Ephesians 3:5); whereas, the gospel taught by Peter, James, et al dealing with the the coming of Jesus and the expectation of the “kingdom of the heavens” is well documented in the Scriptures.
There were, and are, 2 DISTINCT CALLINGS….even today. Please reference my Posts on “TWO GOSPELS” and “The ‘Secret’ Revealed To Paul”.
3. Those called under the gospel heralded by Paul to the Nations (Romans 11:13) will be ‘rescued’ RIGHT BEFORE the beginning of “the Day of the Lord”, or the Tribulation/Indignation period ( 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10, 4:16-17 and 5:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:1). Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 1:10: “Jesus, our RESCUER out of the coming indignation”.
We (Paul, Timothy, you, me,et al) will then be fitted and adorned with celestial bodies, JUST AS CHRIST HIMSELF has (1 Corinthians 15:48-49; Philippians 3:21). We will be reigning and ruling among the celestials and judging the angels (1 Corinthians 6:3). Our “citizenship” is among the celesitals (Philippians 3:20)
Those called under the gospel taught by Peter, John, et al. (from now on referred to as the “Circumcision”) have no part in this “rescue”, but REMAIN on the earth DURING the Tribulation. They will be waiting for the “coming of the Lord” as described in Matthew 24:29-31.
4. After the Tribulation, and with the return of the Lord mentioned in Matthew 24 above, those Israeli believers of the Circumcision gospel who survived “Jacob’s trouble”, along with those resurrected at this time (Abraham, David, Elijah, Peter, James, John, et al), begin their millennial reign. This is the “former resurrection” mentioned in Revelation 20:5 and Daniel 12:2.
Israeli saints take care of business on the (terrestrial) earth and those called under Paul’s SECRET administration (us) take care of business among the (celestial) heavens….where our “citizenship” resides (Philippians 3:20-21), and where we will have been BEFORE the Tribulation even began…..with our prior resurrection in 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10, 4:16-17 and 5:9.
5. After the 1,000 years, Satan is let loose for a while and causes a rebellion, which is obviously defeated.
6. Then comes the Great White Throne Judgement. There are NO believers here, ONLY unbelievers and non-believers. Please reference the Post on “Judgment Seat Of Christ vs Great White Throne Judgment” for an explanation of this.
Judgement at the White Throne is based solely on the lifetime acts of the individual (Revelation 20:12). This judgment has nothing to do with faith, works of the Law, being righteous, justification, baptism, various callings or any religious doctrines….none of these are being considered here! Rather, the only principle used here by the Merciful Judge is one of paying the worker her or his due wages/rewards for either good or bad actions/works performed, along with the intentions of the heart (Romans 2:5-7, John 5:29 and Hebrews 4:12).
Personally, I believe that after the judging before the White Throne there will be quite a number who will go on to live MORTAL lives in the “new heaven and new earth” (“death” has not been abolished yet). This is illustrated in 1 Timothy 1:13 when Paul admits he was the “foremost” of sinners but that Christ Jesus showed him MERCY, nevertheless, because “I do it being ignorant, in unbelief”. Christ Jesus will the Judge on the White Throne and He will, likewise, show mercy to all who appear there.
It seems, based on the Scriptures, that only the HABITUAL, UNREPENTING, HARDCORE SLIME BALLS and just downright nasty humans will go on to the “second death”.
Actually, there has to be a quite a number who survive the White Throne judging in order to represent those “of the nations” who will be partaking of the “log of life” with its 12 fruits and leaves mentioned in Revelation on the “new earth”. (Revelation 22:2)
Along with unbelievers, here also stand those who have NEVER EVEN HEARD of Christ nor any of the gospels (non-believers, I call them). Babies and young children will be here, as well, and obviously will gain entrance into the Paradise of the “new heaven and new earth” because their youth will hold them non-accountable for any sins. Those who qualify (by having their good acts/motives outweigh their bad) will then be ushered into “Paradise” (‘paradeisos’) with the “new heaven and new earth” (Romans 2:7, John5:29); whereas, those who don’t qualify will have their chastisement meted out to them for their evil behavior (Romans 2:8) AND THEN experience the “second death”.
Based on the scriptures, this “chastisement” will be quite painful for the worst and most evil offenders*; but, God always “chastises” with the purpose of correcting and ultimately bringing about His will…and He is ALWAYS successful, eventually. There is no torment or pain, or even consciousness, during the “second death”….please refer to my Posts on “Hell in the Bible”, “Lazarus And The Rich Man” and “Death”.
(*Note: Just because God will, in due time, save ALL of Creation, He is no “softie”. His chastisements can be quite severe at times as indicated in Revelation 14:9-11…….again, keeping in mind that all of His chastisements are geared toward the correction and rehabilitation of the individual. Rotherham’s puts it nicely in Matthew25:46: “and these shall go away into age abiding CORRECTION”.)
7. In the meantime, the pre-Tribulatiion resurrected saints from the Body of Christ (you,me, Paul,Timothy, et al) are doing our “stuff” among the heavens in our celestial bodies….whatever assignments God gives us! We are not involved in earthly matters, but rather, heavenly ones (Philippians 3:20-21)….those of the Circumcision (Abraham, David, Peter and all the Israeli saints) take care of the terrestrial issues. The earth (old and “new”) is their birthright and promised inheritance.
8. Then the “new heaven and the new earth” appear. The New Jerusalem comes down; Christ reigns on the throne and God Himself will be its temple (Revelation 21:3, 21:22). (The New Jerusalem will actually be about 1,500 miles long, about 1,500 miles wide and about 1,500 miles high. Revelation 21:16. WOW….now, that’s a BIG ole city!!!)
There will be no death because of the “log of life” with its 12 fruits and its leaves and there will be perfect harmony and bliss (“every tear will be wiped away”) with no more darkness nor need for a sun. (Revelation 22:1-5)
Those who survived the White Throne Judgment will still be mortals (ONLY the saints have immortality at this time) because “death” has not been completely abolished yet. But death does not affect these mortals because they will come to partake of the “tree of life” that is on the side of the “pure river of water of life” ( Revelation 22:1-2).
9. Then after this period of time (“age”) there will come the “full end of the ages” (Hebrews 9:26). This is when “death is abolished” (1 Corinthians 15:26). The “second death” now holds no one…..and ALL creation now lives immortally! Please refer to my Post on “All Creation Will Be Saved”.
10. It is now that Christ hands everything over to God the Father (1 Corinthians 15 24-27), Who will now be ALL IN ALL (1 Corinthians 15:28)!
What a WONDERFUL,GLORIOUS and BEAUTIFUL outcome that truly reflects the God Who loves His creation!
All the best in Christ,