Hey, there….I love the Weymouth New Testament rendering of Philippians 3:21:
“who, in the exercise of the power which He has even to subject all things to Himself, will transform this body of our humiliation until it resembles His own glorious body.”
Holman’s Christian Standard Bible is similar:
“He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself.”
Colossians 3:4 also confirms that we will appear in glory when Christ returns for us.
Further in Holman’s in 2 Thessalonians 2:14 (emphasis mine):
“He called you to this through our gospel, so THAT YOU MIGHT OBTAIN THE GLORY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST”.
WOW!!! At that time, we will take on a glorious body that defies the imagination….one JUST LIKE Christ Jesus Himself AND to literally obtain the glory of the Lord Himself! Take a peek at Revelations 1:13-15 to maybe get an idea of what our bodies will resemble.
Let’s continue on to 1 Corinthians 15:40-53 to elaborate further on our beautiful-beyond-words, magnificent future bodies. The Concordant Literal New Testament describes it best:
1. It will be of a ‘celestial’ fabric or nature rather than the decaying ‘terrestrial’, ‘soilish’ and of a ‘flesh’ nature we now possess. Christ is called the “Celestial One” and we are to be just like Him. Verses: 41,48,49
2. It will obviously be ‘incorruptible’. Verses: 42,50,52,53
3. It will obviously possess ‘immortality’. Verse: 53
4. It will be a body of ‘power’, just as Christ Jesus has. Verse: 43 (and Philippians 3:21)
5. It will be a (Holy) ‘spiritual’ DOMINATED body as opposed to our present bodies being dominated by a (humanly) ‘soulish’ nature. Verse: 44,45,46
[All believers have at the present received the “firstfruits of the Spirit”, or a down payment, so to speak (Romans 8:23); whereas, only Jesus received the Holy Spirit ‘without measure’ as a human (John 3:32-34). At the resurrection, all believers will receive the FULL MEASURE of the Holy Spirit as we take on the very GLORY of Christ Jesus, Himself (2 Thessalonians 2:14)….thus, rendering us incapable of sinning. This is the “crown of righteousness” referred to by Paul in 2 Timothy 4:8. (Please reference the Post “Crown Of Righteousness”)]
WHAT A GLORIOUS EXPECTATION!!!….made possible by the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.
Later, in Christ,