Greetings….this Post will be an ongoing one where I will add information from time to time that you might find interesting, and maybe even helpful! It could also be titled “Did You Know?”:
1. Jesus was also an Apostle. Hebrews 3:1
2. It is unknown how many “wise men” there were when they brought gifts to Jesus; and, they actually came to Him in a “house”, not a manger scene. Matthew 2:11
3. According to Clarke’s Commentary, the names of the two robbers who were crucified with Jesus were Zoathon on the right and Chammatha on the left (http://bible.cc/mark/15-27.htm)
4. The Bible is not only the world’s best-selling book but it is also the most shoplifted! (Several sources, but one is http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17733)
5. Believers are never told to celebrate the birth of Jesus….for one thing, it is unknown. (December 25 was a pagan holiday and has nothing to do with the real day Jesus was born on)
6. Believers are never told to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, although we are told to observe elements of the “Last Supper”.
7. Talk about “funny money”: David purchased his first wife, Michal, from Saul with 200 foreskins of just killed Philistines! 1 Samuel 18:27
8. There are at least 64 types/kinds of “spirit” mentioned in the Bible, based on Strong’s Concordance using the King James Version:
In addition to these, there are the 7 Spirits which stand before the throne in Revelation 1:4.
The various spirits govern us….not the physical elements.
9. The New Jerusalem will be about 1,500 miles long, about 1,500 miles wide and about 1,500 miles high. Revelation 21:16 ( a furlong is about an 1/8th of a mile)
10. It is interesting that the beginning of our present heavens and earth in Genesis 1:1-2 started with a complete covering of water. With the advent of the new heaven and new earth in Revelation 21:1, the sea and oceans will no longer exist. Sorry, surfer dude/dudette! And, no more tanning, as there will be no sun….Revelation 21:23.
11. In 1526, William Tyndale published the first printed English New Testament. For his faithful efforts, the clergy and bishops of the Church of England were instrumental is having him endure a disgusting and cruel imprisonment, then being strangled at the stake and finally burned to ashes in 1536….fervently praying with his last words, “Lord, open the king of England’s eyes.”. (Paraphrased from Adlai Loudy’s GOD’S EONIAN PURPOSE, Chapter 2)
12. James, the brother of Jesus, at some point became an apostle (Galatians 1:1).
13. Humans and animals have a soul….plants don’t (this is taken from the Post: “Lazarus and the Rich Man”):
“the soul is actually in the blood: “for the soul of all flesh, it is in the blood” (Lev.17:11….Strong’s Concordance has “nephesh” or “soul”; also, Darby’s Translation, Concordant Literal Old Testament and Bullinger’s Companion Bible have “soul”). Where there is no human blood….there is no human soul (or, life, consciousness, etc.).”
“This is why animals and humans can be said to have a “soul”….because they have blood flowing within them. Even though plants, vegetation and the like are “living organisms”, they are never said to have a “soul” because they have no blood….meaning, they have no consciousness nor any type of feelings. If you chop a tree down, rest assured it feels no pain!”.
14. Why is it difficult for any Christian to believe in the resurrections to come since God was the One Who originally created humans through Christ from the ‘dirt’ to begin with? And, Jesus even says in Matthew 3:9 that God is able to create “children to Abraham” from stone itself.
15. It is estimated that the number of living species on our planet ranges from 3 million to 100 million. Consider the fact that God through Christ Jesus had to create an INDIVIDUAL and UNIQUE ‘behavioral computer chip’ for each species!! They ALL function differently and obviously need their own distinct behavioral pattern programmed into their personal being in order to live and survive, based on the way each is created. Simply amazing!!
16. Old Testament believers are never said to have the Holy Spirit “within” them, but rather, “upon” them. Please reference the Post “The Holy Spirit Was Not WITHIN Old Testament Believers” for more information.